Saturday, April 5, 2008

Life at Kota-1

I was inclined towards 'something more interesting' just before my 10th boards,probably the only reason of my ordinary results in the same,otherwise I was a very good student.My parents were concerned about my involvement in that other 'more interesting thing'.The 'other more interesting' was not what everybody gets into at that age,specially in a co-ed school.Actually I was getting closer to 'money'.And my parents didn't want me to associate with money so intensely at that time.

I was very good at mathematics,so I decided to take up science.I had very close friends at school.Three of us decided to go to 'Kota' for IIT-JEE coaching.(Kota has the best coaching institutes in the country.)So we decided to take up admission tests for two of the best instiutes of Kota,Resonance and Bansal.We decided to take up the tests in Kota so that we could explore a bit of the city we are going to spend two years of our lives.It was fun then.We went there with our parents.

It was a completely different city.Almost everything in the city was targeted towards students.Every house had a 'TO LET FOR STUDENTS' board.There was a coaching institute in every road of the city,a mess after every 10 houses.That time I realized how big IIT-JEE was,after I saw the whole city involved in it.The city was an accomodation for 2 lac students,who were the only source of income for a majority of people living there.

The results were out. All three of us cleared the test for one of the institutes but we were unhappy for being rejected for the other,which was more popular and had more fame.But we were happy for one reason,we would be living together.

So we began our journey for a very challenging life.I was accompanied by my parents.The train journey was a pleasant one because till then,I could not realize the feeling of living away from my parents.I was normal at the time my parents left Kota.

We started with our classes.I had no problems till one weak after which I could not control my emotions.I was not able to eat anything nor concentrate on studies.I badly wanted to go home.I was feeling helpless.

I called up home and started crying. I told my parents that I won't be able to live there and I was coming back by the next train.:(:(:(:(:(:(

No comments: